Welcome to Pisa!
If you have been nominated by your home University as an Erasmus student at our Department, you need to read carefully the following information regarding application and enrolment at the University of Pisa:
1. Register online through the Alice portal in order to receive your UNIPI’s credentials > see
In order to go on with the registration procedure, make sure to flag “Studente straniero senza codice fiscale“, as students from abroad do not have any Italian fiscal code at the moment of the registration.
Non-EU students will be asked to fill in data regarding the Residence Permit. For the moment, they can skip this section (click on Forward) to reach the following window.
2. Detailed information regarding Application procedure and tutorial are available on the new portal https://erasmusmobility.unipi.it/erasmus/welcome/
Here you can find some practical information regarding Visa and residency permit, accommodation, student card.
Your arrival in Pisa
Write to our office email@example.com and schedule an appointment with us. Alternatively, you may send your arrival certificate (and proof or your arrival in Pisa, i.e. Flight ticket etc.) to us and we may sign all necessary documents and send them back to you.
We are also available via Teams (upon appointment)
Courses, timetable and rooms will be published on our website
During your mobility
You may of course change your LA Before through the LA During due to overlappings and to any other reason. The list of the courses and programmes may be found on the Valutami portal
by filtering by Department (Civiltà e forme del Sapere), BA and MA degrees (Laurea Triennale/Laurea Magistrale).
Register for the exam(s) through https://esami.unipi.it/
End of the mobility period
Students wishing to include the Italian Language Course credits in the Transcript of Records need to show us the certificate issued by CLI certifying credits, marks and percentage of attendance (Minimum percentage: 80%) .
As we will NOT be able to send original documents to your home institution, if paper copies of the leaving documents are needed, it is important to schedule the delivery in due time; on the contrary, scanned copies of the documents will be sent to both the student and the Home Institution after departure (within 30 days).
If the Incoming student has worked on a final project/BA-MA-PhD thesis, he/she should ask his/her supervisor in Pisa to prepare an assessment report to be sent (firstname.lastname@example.org) or shown to us.
Courses taught in English
The courses at our Department are mostly in Italian. However, some courses are also held in English, but have restricted access and have to be approved by the Coordinator of the International Programme Humanities (IPH).
Italian Language Courses at the University Language Centre
Erasmus students can attend courses at the University Language Centre (CLI, https://www.cli.unipi.it/area-internazionale/erasmus/erasmus-incoming). The first course is free.
If you wish to attend courses at CLI you need to:
- register on CLI’s website and apply for the entrance test
- go to the entrance test on the scheduled date
- enrolin the course
Latest news for Incoming students
- Europe day (and beyond) 1 Maggio 2023
- Welcome Week Erasmus Students 2022/2023 15 Settembre 2022
- Registration on the Teaching Agenda 14 Settembre 2022
- Welcome day for Erasmus Incoming Students on Teams Platform – September, 19 at 2.30 p.m. 9 Settembre 2022
- PISA ERASMUS ARTS FESTIVAL 2022 | June, 30 – July, 2 – Stazione Leopolda (Pisa) 14 Aprile 2022
- Notice for Erasmus Incoming Students: January/February 2022 Exams sessions 13 Gennaio 2022